While the majority of our membership is working from home, we will be offering virtual programs and events. We hope this will bring a sense of connectivity and engagement, as well as continue to provide valuable resources to our members and beyond.
This page contains the following:
- 1776 Featured Program
- 1776 Virtual Programs
- Partner Programs
- COVID-19 & Resources
1776 Featured Programs
Our four week Startup Sprints: Back to Basics Series will focus on helping entrepreneurs and individuals interested in learning more about the building blocks needed to launch your business. Join us every Thursday.
Thursday, May 7 – Thursday, May 28 – 12:30 pm
1776 Virtual Programs
Monday, June 1 – 12:00 pm
- Mindfulness Monday with OntheGoga
- We’re back and virtual. We know this is a difficult time for everyone, so we’re happy to continue to support healthy habits and are offering virtual Meditation sessions!
- The password to use is: 1776CALM
Wednesday, June 3 – 12:30 pm
- Latin & Code + The Agency Guy Presents – The 2 Essential Marketing Strategies Every Business Needs
- Join Steven Picanza, co-founder Latin & Code and Senior Advisor with The Agency Guy for this FREE webinar on the 2 essential marketing strategies you need to implement today
- In this webinar, we’ll discuss
- How your audience has changed, probably forever, and ways to continue to connect with them
- Why your brand strategy must guide your marketing strategy if you want to always have a full pipeline
- The 1 strategy you need to Future-Proof your business and not only survive, but thrive
Thursday, June 4 – 12:30 pm
- Startup Sprints: The Science of Business Building by TrueSpace and Gallup
- Join the conversation that followed the recent announcement at Gallup’s Great Hall in Washington D.C. and published in the New York Time, Inc. and Forbes.
- The research includes data from 2,500 business owners gathered by TrueSpace and Gallup to investigate the operating conditions that foster sustainable growth among post-startup companies.
- The study builds on the results of a four-year ethnographic analysis by TrueSpace, which were used to develop a conceptual framework of five operating conditions associated with sustainable business growth. Gallup and TrueSpace used the framework to develop a quantitative instrument — called the Five Conditions Assessment — on which the current results are based.
- Charles Fred, CEO of TrueSpace will present the findings of the research and the significant implications for entrepreneurs and investors.
Wednesday, May 6 – Wednesday, June 3 – 3:00 pm
- Got a Business? Make it Conscious. A C3MD 5-Part Workshop Series.
- As the business and global landscapes shift, what strategies and opportunities are entrepreneurs finding to navigate the waters? Conscious Capitalism is a way of thinking about capitalism and business that better reflects where we are in the human journey, the state of our world today, and the innate potential of business to make a positive impact on the world. What can we learn about the Conscious Capitalism model as we continue to shift.
- Explore the foundational principles of Conscious Capitalism in C3MD’s five-part workshop series. Each week, we focus on a pillar of Conscious Capitalism and share how courageous businesses are evaluating risk and creating value.
Thursday, June 4 – 12:00 pm
- Pennovation Works Presents: Opportunities for Researchers and Startups
- Join for a webinar focused on the opportunities and resources of Pennovation Works, and the future of the facility as it continues to grow and expand.
- The Pennovation Works is a distinctive blend of offices, labs, and production space developed by The University of Pennsylvania to link the intellectual and entrepreneurial initiatives necessary for advancing knowledge and generating economic development. The master plan articulates a phased approach, with initial activity focused on site improvements and renovating existing buildings, beginning with the 2016 completion of the Pennovation Center.
Friday, June 5 – 1:00 pm
- Pennovation Works Presents: Innovation @ Penn: Austin Virtual Pitch Session
- Join the Penn Center for Innovation, PCI Ventures, and Pennovation Works for a virtual pitch session featuring innovative startup companies emerging from Penn and Pennovation Works! The startups pitching are companies that were scheduled to appear at SXSW until the festival was cancelled.
- Companies pitching include:
- ZeroEyes [Pennovation Center member]
- Simply Good Jars [2018 Pennovation Accelerator alum]
- Project SHIELDS (featuring Cocoa Press [Pennovation Works member], InstaHub [Pennovation Center member] & FulPhil)
- Prohibix [Pennovation Center member]
Covid 19 & Resources
While the 1776 community is dealing with the effects of the COVID-19 health and economic related crisis, we are gathering resources to support your business survive and thrive.
Due to the current environment, information is changing at a rapid rate. While we do our best to provide timely updates, it is possible that the information shared below may change or be revised.
Read on to discover what’s available to you!
- New Jersey
- NJEDA Small Business Emergency Assistance Grant Program
- NJEDA Small Business Emergency Assistance Loan Application
The New Jersey Economic Development Authority (NJEDA)’s Small Business Emergency Assistance Loan Program opened on April 13, 2020 at 9 a.m.
The Small Business Emergency Assistance Loan Program is a $10 million program that will provide working capital loans of up to $100,000 to small and mid-size businesses with a physical commercial location in New Jersey.
To qualify, businesses must have less than $5 million in annual revenues and be able to show a negative impact resulting from the COVID-19 outbreak. Loans made through the program will have ten-year terms with zero percent interest for the first five years, then resetting to the NJEDA’s prevailing floor rate for the remaining five years, with a three percent cap.
If you have additional resources to share with us for our community, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.