1776 is hiring an Events Manager in Indianapolis to facilitate and oversee the booking and execution of onsite events. This position reports directly to the Managing Director, and will be supported by the 1776 Leadership Team. The ideal candidate would possess a natural entrepreneurial spirit, an acute attention to detail, proficient organizational skills and an interest in hospitality management.
1776 space is a platform for startups, entrepreneurs and corporate teams in Indianapolis to connect, collaborate, and innovate. Located in the 16 Tech Innovation District, 1776 members and partners will enjoy access to a powerful suite of resources and a global ecosystem that will help them launch, grow and scale their ideas and businesses. The space is a mixture of flexible workspace, private offices, startup garages, wet/dry labs, desks, and conference rooms.
This is an entry level position, with room for growth within the larger organization. We are enthusiastic about finding lanes of development for all staff to support their individual career goals.
The Events Manager is responsible for all reservable/rentable space managed by 1776 in the 16 Tech Innovation District. This currently includes space in HqO, 16 Tech’s innovation hub, as well as the 1st floor of Innovation Building 1 that supports a variety of meeting, conference and event types for corporate or community groups. The Events Manager willalso be responsible for managing inbound requests and referring to or coordinating with additional 16 Tech partners as relevant, including The AMP food hall and Machyne makerspace.
Scope of role:
Communicate weekly events schedule to keep relevant team members (HqO/16 Tech) informed of upcoming events
> Establish and manage centralized system and processes for booking events in HqO and Innovation Building 1 (B1) common areas
- Maintain up to date information of all available event spaces managed by 1776 (capacity, AV, setup etc.)
- Maintain up to date calendar/database for 1776 organized events
- Maintain relationships with other partners with events responsibilities (AMP Event & Catering Manager, Machyne community manager)
> Oversee day-to-day management of reservable spaces managed by 1776
- Start day with walk-through of each space to ensure readiness for daily use (space clean, resources available, technology functioning)
- Monitor reservation system(s) to ensure space availability and preparedness for rotating use throughout the day
- Assist members/guests with tech connectivity issues to streaming devices
- Assist members/guests with availability conflicts with autonomy to shift reservations according to priorities, group size, etc.
> Receive and process inbound leads for space/event rentals for HqO
- Schedule and take initial discovery call to learn logistics, dates, budget, etc. – make recommendations based on discovery
- Coordinate with necessary parties to confirm availability, logistics and costs associated
- Present proposal, engage in any negotiations or adjustments, confirm booking and send invoice to clients
> Manage routing of revenue to appropriate parties
> Oversee execution of all events
- Ensure clean handoff to AMP/Machyne lead POC for single location events
- Communicate individual participation logistics for multi-space events
- Book necessary event staff for setup/breakdown, trash/housekeeping of all events
- Facilitate bookings of outside vendors as needed
- Manage day-of, on-site AV assistance as needed
- Coordinate catering needs and offerings with AMP staff
- Communicate parking availability and usage with client/guests
Compensation and Benefits –
- Salary is commensurate with experience
- Medical Insurance
- Generous holiday and PTO schedule
Interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “1776 Event Manager Position – Indianapolis” in the subject line.
Local candidates preferred. No relocation assistance available.
1776 is an Equal Opportunity Employer.