About the Ipsos Improving the Patient Experience
In today’s healthcare system, inefficiencies in provider communications and patient management have led to increased institutional costs and a decline in both patient health and experience outcomes, yet providers and institutions alike are unaware of the innovative technologies that exist to solve for these issues. Furthermore, there are growing statistics that suggest that our nation’s most vulnerable populations, not only account for a majority of healthcare costs, but also see the least healthcare benefits and outcomes.
“Improving the Patient Experience, a 1776 Pitch Competition powered by Ipsos” is a one day application-based event focused on technological advancements in predictive analysis, preventative resources, and treatment management systems that improve communications between healthcare providers and patients. Implementation of these technologies into the healthcare system will help institutions to reduce costs and improve profitability, and will directly aid in improving health outcomes and enhancing the overall patient experience.
- Industry: Healthcare Technologies focused on Patient Experience (including but not limited to):
- Telehealth/Virtual Health
- Patient portals
- Cloud-based software for cross-provider communication
- Remote monitoring and wearable devices
- Patient kiosks/Applications- both place-based & mobile
Stage: Post-MVP/Proof of Concept
Alpha/Beta Ready (preferred, but not required)
Pilots or Initial Trials Started
Revenue less than $500K per month
Other requirement details:
- The startup must have an established team with one dedicated team member available in-person to pitch at 1776 DC campus on October 17th, 2019
- The product must provide unique value beyond a user-friendly application or portal
- The company must be based in the U.S.
- Selected competing companies will receive six free months of “hot desk” membership at 1776 DC campus from September 3rd- March 31st
- Selected competing companies will receive pitch coaching and pitch deck review leading up to competition date
Competition will feature pitches from a curated group of 10 startups focused on enhancing patient experience within the healthcare system. These startups will be selected in conjunction with Ipsos representatives and 1776 executive team.
- The actual pitch portion of the event will follow the below format:
- 5 minute startup pitch
- 1 minute of judges Q&A
- The competition will have 3-5 judges, consisting of investors, corporate representatives, seasoned entrepreneurs, and healthcare industry experts.
- Competition winner will receive the opportunity to work directly with Ipsos healthcare partners to receive product feedback, customer introductions and potential pilot partner opportunities
- June 20th — Open applications & launch startup recruitment
- Aug 1st— Close applications
- Aug 20th — Selection process
- Aug 21st — Selected Companies Notified
- Sept 3rd — Announcement of 10 Selected Companies
- Oct 17th— Patient Experience Pitch Competition
Ipsos is one of the world’s leading independent market research companies in 89 countries with more than 16,660 professionals.
Still have some questions? We have some answers.
Judges will evaluate startups based on the following criteria:
- The extent to which the product solves a problem for the patient experience
- The extent to which the product increases efficiency and cost savings, and can be implemented effectively
- Size of market opportunity
- Traction (customers, revenues, users, etc.)
- A clear revenue model
- A motivated and skilled team
- Presentation skills
10 companies will be selected
No, you will not have to give up an equity.
Just like other competitions, accelerators and VC firms, we do not sign NDAs. We will respect the confidentiality of your venture / idea.
We are happy to accept the application of more established startups. In fact, you are required to have a product or at least an MVP that’s ready to market and iterate on.
Yes, the pitch competition will take place in the DMV, and we do not have a way for people to participate remotely. You are not, however, required to be in the DMV for any extended period of time leading up to the competition, only for the competition event on October 17th, 2019.
There is no cost associated with the pitch competition.
1776 DC Campus
The application window is open through August 1st. We will review applications on a rolling basis and make final company selections by 21st.
Still have questions? No problem. Contact Jessica Kaing at email@example.com