1776 fosters the growth of local entrepreneurial ecosystems by providing individualized attention through focused programming, community engagement and access to a dynamic network of stakeholders. As the nation’s largest network of business incubators, we exist to create a world where anyone with the entrepreneurial drive can gain equal access to the resources needed to foster innovation and solve real world problems.
1776 is looking for a motivated individual at the beginning of their financial career to join our team as a Finance Specialist.
- Categorize revenue and expenses on general ledger.
- Schedule and process payments for invoices.
- Guide financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Liaise between executives and accountants whenever necessary.
- Prepare monthly reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Prepare budgets by establishing schedules; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data; recommending plans.
- Keep financial information and plans confidential.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related tasks as needed.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge.
- Carry out duties in compliance with all federal and state regulations and guidelines.
- Comply with all company and site policies and procedures.
- Be available for other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or equivalent experience preferred
- Two years of experience in bookkeeping or an equivalent role
- Ability to work under pressure and solve problems independently.
- General knowledge of GAAP accounting.
- Great interpersonal skills that align with company mission and values.
- Ability to manage projects from start to finish.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Proven critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills including written, verbal, and presentation.
- Knowledge of Xero Accounting strongly preferred.
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks while maintaining speed of work and attention to detail.
- Ability to work with others in a team environment.
- Highly organized and able to balance daily demands with strategic deadlines.
- Demonstrated superior written and oral communication skills.
- Technology savvy.
- Enthusiastic about learning new skills
This is a part-time, salaried position for 20 hours per week. This is not an hourly position.
We offer a competitive salary for this position. Salary will be commensurate with experience. This is an entry level opportunity with the ability to grow into a full-time position taking on additional financial responsibilities, including controller functions and financial forecasting.
How To Apply:
Qualified candidates should submit a current resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Finance Specialist” in the subject line.
1776 is an Equal Opportunity Employer.