About this Event
About this Event
This is a virtual program. Please register to receive access credentials. Access information will be provided the day before the event.
Intellectual Property Basics
Understanding the basics of intellectual property is important for most startups (and essential for tech startups). The good news is that there are free resources available to everyone:
- Patents: https://www.uspto.gov/patent and https://patents.google.com/
- Trademarks: https://www.uspto.gov/trademark and http://tmsearch.uspto.gov/
- Copyrights: https://www.copyright.gov/ and https://www.copyright.gov/dmca-directory/ and https://eco.copyright.gov/
- Trade Secrets: https://www.uspto.gov/ip-policy/trade-secret-policy
This session will briefly discuss the basics of intellectual property and how to use these free resources. Bring your questions!
To gain the most from this series, we strongly encourage you to attend every session. In addition, 1776 will extend the following offers to all attendees:
Attend ANY session:
- Receive one FREE Network (virtual) Membership with 1776 – which includes:
- Access to office hours and networking opportunities w/ 1776’s vast network of mentors
- Discounts/Perks from AWS, Microsoft, Salesforce and MORE!
- 5 hours of conference room time at any 1776 location (if/when applicable)
- Invitation to Union: Our internal platform that provides entrepreneurs opportunity to connect with resources and other entrepreneurs/founders, all in one place
Access to all 1776 virtual programming
Offer valid through the end of 2021.
Offer will be extended at close of series.
About the Speaker:
Fred Wilf is the principal of Wilftek LLC (https://wilftek.com/), a technology and intellectual property law firm. For over 30 years, Fred has been helping startups and companies of all sizes build a solid foundation of legal protection. Wilftek has been a member and mentor at 1776 since 2015.
About the Startup Sprints Series
1776 exists to create a world where anyone with the entrepreneurial drive can gain equal access to the resources needed to foster innovation and solve real world problems. Whether you’ve always wondered what it takes to launch a startup, need a refresher course, or simply need to reassess and pivot your business practices, this series is for you!
Our four week Startup Sprints: Back to Basics Series will focus on helping entrepreneurs and individuals interested in learning more about the building blocks needed to launch your business.
Our carefully curated weekly agenda, led by industry professionals sourced from within the vast 1776 mentor pool and our Partner network, will help you gain insight and perspective. While the content is driven by our experts, these sessions are meant to be interactive and encourage discussions. This is your opportunity to ask questions about your specific industry focused needs. Our hope is you will complete this series armed with a professional tool box of tips and knowledge to begin or re-energize your entrepreneurial journey!