This year’s Challenge Festival Opening Party is crossing the river for the inaugural DMV County Fair! Help us to welcome over 80 startups from around the world to Washington, DC by showing them the newest & coolest of the region. The DMV County Fair will feature:
- A beautiful outdoor square in Crystal City decked out with food, booze, entertainment, and more.
- Your favorite area food trucks, including: CarnivoreDC, Luke’s Lobster, DC Empanadas, Doug the Food Dude, Curley’s BBQ, Kafta Mania, and Naan Stop
- Great local DC brews and tastings from Virginia Wineries
- Free bus transportation to and from 1776’s downtown campus & Union Station on Capitol Hill all night long (info below)
- A “Startup Lane” to learn about the most trendy new startups in the region (and to play games)
- Social Tables: Floor Plan Challenge – Musical Chairs Edition
- Galley: Galley Server Challenge – Hot Wheel Race
- Frambridge: Frame Toss
- Waveborn: Eye Exam Challenge
- Rebel Desk: Tread Desk Challenge
- Eastern Foundry: Fondu Tasting
- Cook Nook: Man N Cheese Corn Hole
- 2U: Photo Booth
- 3 Star Brewery: Local Brews Tasting
- If that’s not enough, we’ll also have two of the region’s best bands, including Human Country Jukebox (with lead singer, Jack Gregori, recently featured on The Voice) and the incomparable Dr. Blues’ Out of Town band featuring Jimmy Johnson (of Vegas Lounge fame).
- And if you’re still not convinced, an open bar with complimentary beer, wine, and a specialty cocktail.
We look forward to welcoming guests across DC, Maryland, and Virginia—and visitors from across the world—for Crystal City as you’ve never seen it before. Get your tickets here!
Don’t forget: this is just the beginning of a week packed full of awesome events (Festival weeklong badges available here). Secure your spot now for this full week of galas, panels, competitions and more when you buy a badge here.
- Union Station – Corner of Massachusetts Avenue NW & North Capitol Street NW
- 1776 – 1133 15th Street NW, Washington, DC
Parking: Garage Entrance is at 20th Street and Crystal Drive, Cost: Free after 5pm
Closest Metro: Crystal City Metro Station(Yellow/Blue Line) is located at 18th Street S and Jefferson Davis Highway, two blocks from the event.
Do you or your brand want to get involved in this great event? Let us know at email@example.com.