1776 is hiring a Community Manager in Indianapolis to engage and support our amazing members and grow our presence within the entrepreneurship community. This position reports directly to the Managing Director, and will be supported by the 1776 Leadership Team. The ideal candidate would possess a natural entrepreneurial spirit, an acute attention to detail and an interest in hospitality management.
The 1776 space at HqO is a platform for startups, entrepreneurs and corporate teams in Indianapolis to connect, collaborate, and innovate. At the brand-new space in the 16 Tech Innovation District, 1776 members and partners will enjoy access to a powerful suite of resources and a global ecosystem that will help them launch, grow and scale their ideas and businesses. The space is a mixture of flexible workspace, private offices, startup garages, wet/dry labs, desks, and conference rooms
This is an entry level position, with room for growth within the larger organization. We are enthusiastic about finding lanes of development for all staff to support their individual career goals.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Location Management –
- Manage day-to-day operations of the location, including maintaining high cleanliness throughout the space
- Assist in managing location budget
- Maintain a sales-ready space configuration
- Track inventory and ensure availability of supplies
- Coordinate calendar and logistics for programming and events on site
- Asset Owner Management –
- Maintain appropriate communication with various property management contacts to ensure needs are being met
- Submit weekly reports to asset owner
- Assist Director of Strategy and Managing Director with tracking location-specific revenue goals, pipeline leads, and sales/marketing initiatives
- Attend quarterly reviews with 16 Tech and 1776 leadership to report on various metrics
- Conduct tours, build and manage membership pipeline, screen potential members
- Assist in sales initiatives relating to location/region
- Attend outside network events to represent and expand the touch of the 1776 brand
- Community Engagement –
- Establish quality relationships with all 1776 Indy members, and provide introductions and access to growth resources
- Build community through regular, member only communication and events
- Welcome visitors and guests and respond to questions and inquiries with relevant info about 1776
- Excellent interpersonal skills with high level of professionalism
- 2-4 years experience in a similar or equivalent role in customer service/hospitality or large office management preferred
- Knowledge of the startup community and understanding of community entrepreneurial ecosystem, or a desire to gain this quickly on the job
- General understanding of the business evolutionary lifecycle (from start-up to growth to exit) and the needs of entrepreneurs
- Comfortable and confident engaging and connecting with influential people in the ecosystem (including investors, CEOs, sponsor representatives, etc.) without any prior relationship.
- Ability to work as a member of a virtual team and maintain motivation when working alone
- Demonstrated superior written and oral communication skills
- Highly organized and able to balance daily demands with strategic deadlines for multiple complementary goals.
- Technology savvy – familiarity with Google Suite, CRM and accounting platforms, streaming and projection devices, etc.
- Social media savvy – familiarity with various platforms and ability to craft and post as needed
Compensation and Benefits –
- Salary is commensurate with experience
- Medical Insurance
- Generous holiday and PTO schedule
Interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “1776 Community Manager Position – Indianapolis” in the subject line.