Pennovation Center Campus Associate Job Overview and Requirements
The Pennovation Center powered by 1776 seeks a creative and enthusiastic professional to serve as the Campus Manager for the 1776 coworking and event space located within the Pennovation Center, which supports the growing digital and creative community in the region. This position will work closely with the 1776 staff which includes a Managing Director, Campus Associate and Lab Manager. The Campus Manager is the primary management and coordination lead for the 50,000+ sq. ft. Pennovation Center.
We are looking for a positive, detail-oriented professional with excellent customer service and problem-solving skills to assist with management of operational activities, provide services and support to member/tenants and help optimize the Pennovation Center’s presence and interaction between existing and potential members.
ABOUT THE PENNOVATION CENTER
The Pennovation Center is comprised of wet/dry Bio Labs, ofﬁces, startup garages, co-working desks and meeting/event spaces. The center houses a mix of traditional lease tenants and shared workspace and incubator members who pay monthly fees. The Center offers innovative programming (seminars, workshops, lectures) and a myriad of meetings and networking events.
1776 has forged partnerships with leading startup incubators in the world’s most dense startup communities through our digital platform, UNION, and we are tapping those relationships to build density globally and operate an ecosystem that transcends geographic boundaries. As a result, our world’s most promising entrepreneurs and young companies can access the resources they need to scale regardless of the city the choose to call home.
CAMPUS MANAGER RESPONSIBILITIES AS LEAD MANAGER OF DAILY ACTIVITY AT THE PENNOVATION CENTER AND PRIMARY CONTACT FOR MEMBER/TENANTS:
- Assist with preparing financial statements including; invoicing member companies; collecting and processing receipts; vendor invoicing; ordering office equipment and procurement and surveying members for feedback
- Create and execute social media campaigns that drive organic traffic and increase brand awareness; website content updates and promotion collateral pieces
- Conduct tours and follow-up information for prospective clients as required.
- Interface with property manager to ensure daily and emergency cleaning and maintenance. Track and report space usage.
- Build Center community through regular member communication and events.
Successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Experience supporting business/entrepreneurial ecosystem with emphasis on customer service, marketing, program and operations support and community outreach activities. Strong social and communication skills, knowledge of basic financials, project management skills, and a high degree of professionalism
- An ability to work independently, be flexible, anticipate needs, and take initiative is needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, marketing or related ﬁeld.
- 4-6 years previous experience in a similar role or an equivalent role in hospitality industry or large ofﬁce management. Advanced experience with CRM and invoicing systems.
- Should possess or be able to quickly learn regulatory policies and best practices for wet/dry lab safety and proper waste management.
Salary Range – Salary commensurate with experience. Part-time employees will also be considered.
Note: This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the general nature of the work performed by job holders within this job. This is not an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
1776 reserves the right to amend/revise this job description as necessary to meet current and changing business needs.
1776 is an Equal Opportunity Employer.