Campus Manager, 1776 @ Greencourt Innovation Center
1776 fosters the growth of local entrepreneurial ecosystems by providing individualized attention through focused programming, community engagement and access to a dynamic network of stakeholders. As the nation’s largest network of business incubators, we exist to create a world where anyone with the entrepreneurial drive can gain equal access to the resources needed to foster innovation and solve real world problems.
We are partnering with Greencourt Innovation Center (GIC) to transform it into a thriving startup hub expected to accelerate the regional growth and global impact of Montgomery County, MD.
1776 is looking for a motivated individual to join our team as Campus Manager at 1776 @ GIC. This is an opportunity to help us shape the future of innovation and entrepreneurship that blooms from the Greater Washington DC region and impacts the globe. The Campus Manager will be the primary management and coordination lead for the 15,000 sq ft site. They will report to the Campus Director and supervise additional staff, as well as provide day-to-day support to the innovators and entrepreneurs in the region that call 1776 @ GIC home.
- Act as manager of daily activity at the 1776 @ GIC and primary contact for members/tenants.
- Supervise space configuration, hospitality, and amenity services.
- Conduct tours, build pipeline, and screen potential members.
- Onboard new members and tenants.
- Manage calendar and logistics for internal, stakeholder, and turnkey programming and events. Vet external space usage requests (meetings, events) and present to Campus Director for approval.
- Interface with property manager to ensure daily and emergency cleaning and maintenance. Track and report space usage.
- Inventory and ensure availability of supplies; order as needed.
- Build Center community through regular, member only communication and events.
- Provide marketing content as directed by 1776 Director of Strategy.
- 1-2 years previous or commensurate experience in a similar role or an equivalent role in hospitality industry or large office management.
- Bachelors Degree in business, marketing or a related field preferred.
- Highly organized and able to balance daily demands with strategic deadlines.
- Advanced experience with CRM and invoicing systems.
- Demonstrated superior written and oral communication skills.
- Technology savvy.
- Enthusiastic about learning new skills
We offer a competitive salary and benefits. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
How To Apply:
Qualified candidates should submit a current resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Campus Manager, 1776 @ GIC” in the subject line.
1776 is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About 1776 @ GIC:
1776 @ GIC space currently under construction, is comprised of offices, flexible work desks and meeting/event spaces. The larger 100,000 square-foot Greencourt Innovation Center (GIC) is a hub for transformative work in biotech, proptech and intelligent information industries. GIC employs a community model and features access to thought leadership, performances by local musicians, and other collaborative activations, to enhance the experiences of tenants, nearby professionals and residents. GIC combined three separate warehouses into a modern single open-space facility designed to foster innovation in technology. The heart of the building is an open lounge beneath a three-story ceiling surrounded by floating conference rooms, weaving staircases and intricate steel beams. Other amenities include lot and garage parking and fitness center. GIC will house a mix of traditional lease tenants, corporate and institutional partners and 1776 members.