Campus Director, 1776 @ Greencourt Innovation Center
1776 fosters the growth of local entrepreneurial ecosystems by providing individualized attention through focused programming, community engagement and access to a dynamic network of stakeholders. As the nation’s largest network of business incubators, we exist to create a world where anyone with the entrepreneurial drive can gain equal access to the resources needed to foster innovation and solve real world problems.
We are partnering with Greencourt Innovation Center (GIC) to transform it into a thriving startup hub expected to accelerate the regional growth and global impact of Montgomery County, MD.
1776 is looking for a highly qualified individual to join our team as Campus Director at 1776 @ Greencourt Innovation Center. This is an opportunity to help us shape the future of innovation and entrepreneurship that blooms from the Greater Washington DC region and impacts the globe. The Campus Director will be the primary operations, analysis and reporting lead for the 15,000 sq ft site, overseeing all aspects of the campus. They will report to our Chief of Staff and will supervise a team to include a Campus Manager and Campus Associate.
- Direct all aspects of day-to-day operations and programming on campus.
- Ensure tenant/member goals attainment and satisfaction.
- Manage staff, consultants, and interns.
- Maintain strategic, financial, and operational excellence according to 1776 policies, plans and regulations.
- Encourage the radiation of entrepreneurial activities to the North Bethesda/Montgomery Co MD community
- Meet regularly with 1776 @ GIC staff, 1776 Leadership and Greencourt Innovation Center team to ensure proper integration of services and programming.
- Serve as the key contact for stakeholders, clients, and sponsors; promote mission and priorities of 1776 at meetings, conferences, and events.
- Host and conduct VIP tours, events, and meetings.
- Produce monthly/quarterly reports.
- Produce programming that supports and enriches the North Bethesda/Montgomery Co, MD community.
- Establish 1776 @ GIC as a contributor and collaborator in the broader entrepreneurial and innovation ecosystem in Washington, DC Metropolitan Region.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or related field. Advanced degree preferred.
- 7+ years small business or organizational leadership experience, with $1million+ profit/loss and staff management responsibility required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proven multi-tenant facilities or hospitality management experience required.
- Previous management experience at an incubator, accelerator and/or coworking facility strongly preferred.
- Must possess strong knowledge of and connections in regional innovation and entrepreneurial sectors.
- Familiarity with global innovation center sector and a plus.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
How To Apply:
Qualified candidates should submit a current resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Campus Director, 1776 @ GIC” in the subject line.
1776 is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About 1776 @ GIC:
1776 @ GIC space currently under construction, is comprised of offices, flexible work desks and meeting/event spaces. The larger 100,000 square-foot Greencourt Innovation Center (GIC) is a hub for transformative work in biotech, proptech and intelligent information industries. GIC employs a community model and features access to thought leadership, performances by local musicians, and other collaborative activations, to enhance the experiences of tenants, nearby professionals and residents. GIC combined three separate warehouses into a modern single open-space facility designed to foster innovation in technology. The heart of the building is an open lounge beneath a three-story ceiling surrounded by floating conference rooms, weaving staircases and intricate steel beams. Other amenities include lot and garage parking and fitness center. GIC will house a mix of traditional lease tenants, corporate and institutional partners and 1776 members.