Cherry Hill Campus Associate Job Overview and Requirements
1776 Cherry Hill is hiring a Campus Associate to engage and support our amazing members and grow our presence within the entrepreneurship community. This position reports directly to the Campus Manager and the VP of Operations and will be supported by the 1776 leadership team in both Philadelphia and DC. The ideal candidate would possess a natural entrepreneurial spirit, an acute attention to detail and an interest in retail and hospitality management.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Sales & Growth –
- Conduct tours, build membership pipeline, screen potential members
- Assist in any sales initiatives relating to campus/region
- Attend outside network events to represent and expand the touch of the 1776 brand
- Campus Management –
- Act as first point of contact to members and visitors upon arrival at the front desk
- Support the day-to-day operations of the campus under supervision of Campus Manager
- Ensure full functionality of the space and report any hazards, liability and/or facility matters with recommendations for resolution
- Facilitate administrative tasks including greeting and directing guests, answering phones, and completing and updating conference room bookings
- Maintain campus inventory and ensure availability of supplies
- Provide administrative support for the Campus Manager including scheduling appointments and tasks associated with new and existing members
- Engagement –
- Establish quality relationship with all 1776 members on campus, and provide access to much needed growth resources
- Build community through regular, member only communication and events
- Welcome visitors and guests and respond to questions and inquiries with relevant info about 1776
- Excellent interpersonal skills with high level of professionalism
- 2-4 years previous experience in a similar role or an equivalent role in retail and hospitality or large office management
- Knowledge of the startup community and understanding of community entrepreneurial ecosystem, or a desire to gain this quickly on the job
- General understanding of the business evolutionary lifecycle (from start-up to growth to exit) and the needs of entrepreneurs
- Comfortable and confident engaging and connecting with influential people in the ecosystem (including investors, CEOs, sponsor representatives, etc.) without any prior relationship.
- Ability to work as a member of a virtual team and maintain motivation when working alone
- Demonstrated superior written and oral communication skills
- Highly organized and able to balance daily demands with strategic deadlines for multiple complementary goals.
- Technology savvy – familiarity with Google Suite, CRM and accounting platforms, streaming and projection devices, etc.
- Willing to work a flexible and varied schedule, based on Mall hours
Compensation and Benefits –
- Salary starts at 32k and is commensurate with experience
- Medical Insurance
- Generous holiday and PTO schedule
Interested candidates should email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Campus Associate – 1776 Cherry Hill” in the subject line.
Note: This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the general nature of the work performed by job holders within this job. This is not an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
1776 reserves the right to amend/revise this job description as necessary to meet current and changing business needs.
1776 is an Equal Opportunity Employer.