1776 is launching a Startup Accelerator that will target early seed stage companies looking to take their idea beyond concept to investor ready. The goal of this accelerator is to provide founders with the curated knowledge and tools they need to position their companies for fundraising success.
As a participant of the accelerator, companies also gain access to our dynamic curriculum, network relationships, capital partners, curated events, and workspace on campuses. Upon completion of the cohort program, participating companies will also be provided workspace at any of its locations for an additional six (6) months and ongoing incubation support from the 1776 leadership team.
Our first cohort will start September 18, 2018 and will be a 3-month intensive program focused on tech enabled companies operating in the regulated market space. Each week, the 1776 leadership team and selected EIR’s, will work directly with the cohort to ensure successful progression and positioning. 1776 will also pair each of the companies with the best strategic mentor from its global network for the entire three month program.
1776 is excited to redefine what acceleration programming and being investor-ready means to founders.
Applications are now open for 1776’s first cohort at its newly launched Startup Accelerator that will focus on companies innovating in the regulated marketspace. Every day entrepreneurs are using technology to find solutions on how to fix our transportation, health care, energy, education, and financial sectors. Navigating the regulated marketplace and understanding how to work with regulators will require new strategies and skill sets.
We will pair our core accelerator programming with a 3-month focused program that will leverage our knowledge of the regulated marketspace, our global network strategic mentors, and experts within the field.
Applications will remain open until August 24th. We will send notifications to those accepted by August 31st with the first cohort starting September 18th.
We are excited to bring this dynamic programming to entrepreneurs as they seek to become investor ready and take their companies to the next level.
- Stage: Post-MVP/Proof of Concept –> revenue less than $500K
- Capital Raised: $0 –> less than $2M
- Industries include (but not limited to):
- Education Technology
- Money / Fintech / Cryptocurrency
- Energy and Sustainability
- Smart Cities & IOT
- Cyber Security
- Food Tech & AgriTech
- Real Estate / PropTech
- Get your startup INVESTOR READY and meet a dynamic network of investors. We will make sure your investment ready documents and pitch decks are stored in your digital data room.
- 3 MONTHS of focused rigorous curriculum designed to help founders position their startup, and ensure they are ready for investment opportunities.
- Exclusive access to subject matter experts, individual mentors dedicated to your growth, and 1776 leadership staff that will guide each company through industry regulations and nuances that must be addressed to succeed in a regulated marketplace.
- To those that successfully complete the program, there is an additional 6 months of free work space access to any 1776 Campuses to ensure we continue the engagement through your fundraising journey.
- July 16th — Open applications & launch startup recruitment
- Aug 24th — Close applications
- Aug 27th — Selection process
- Sept 4th — Participants Notified
- Sept 18th — Accelerator Starts
About the 1776 Fall Cohort
The 1776 Fall Accelerator will take place at 1776’s Washington, DC Campus over the course of 90 days. Throughout the program, the startups will gain access to our dynamic curriculum, network relationships, capital partners, curated events, and workspace at our campuses. They will also gain access to specific mentors and staff from 1776 to help build their companies to become investor ready. Apply to participate in the 1776 Fall Accelerator.
1776 Fall Accelerator FAQ
A: Not from the accelerator; however, you will develop strategies and tactics for pitching to investors.
The program also includes a demo day where teams will meet with and pitch to local investors.
A: We are happy to work with more established startups. In fact, you are required to have a product or at least an MVP that’s ready to market and iterate on.
A: Yes, all of the events will take place in the DMV, and we don’t have a way for people to participate remotely.
A: No, the current legal status of your startup does not matter to us.
A: There is no cost associated with the 1776 Accelerator. Accepted companies will have unreserved work space (hot desks) during the length of the accelerator program.
A: 1776 DC Campus (1133 15th St NW)
A: Teams of two or more are more likely to succeed, and that’s what we recommend for startups.
A: The application window is open through August 24th. We will review applications on a rolling basis and make final company selections by August 31st.
Still have questions? No problem. Contact Tamra Thompson at firstname.lastname@example.org