1776 is launching a Startup Accelerator that will target early seed stage companies looking to take their idea beyond concept to investor ready. The goal of this accelerator is to provide founders with the curated knowledge and tools they need to position their companies for success.
As a participant of the accelerator, companies gain access to our dynamic curriculum, network relationships, corporate partner introductions and curated events. Upon completion of the cohort program, participating companies will also be provided membership with the 1776 network for an additional six (6) months and ongoing incubation support from the 1776 leadership team.
Our first cohort will start Wednesday, October 7th, 2020 and will be a 10-week intensive program with sessions focusing on everything from financial forecasting and best hiring practices to marketing and branding strategy. In addition, 1776 will pair each company with a strategically selected mentor from our broad network of experts. These mentors, along with the 1776 leadership team, will work directly with the cohort to ensure successful progression and positioning throughout the 10-week accelerator.
The entire program culminates with a virtual pitch competition where multiple prizes are awarded based on judge and audience voting.
Applications are now open for 1776’s first virtual cohort that will focus on companies innovating in various industries. We are searching for every day entrepreneurs with the drive to foster innovation and solve real world problems.
The accelerator program will combine a 10-week focused curriculum, our deep knowledge of the startup ecosystem, a network of curated mentors, and experts within diverse entrepreneurial communities.
Applications will remain open until September, 18, 2020. We will send notifications to those accepted by September 28, 2020, with the first cohort session starting on October 7, 2020.
We are excited to bring this dynamic programming to entrepreneurs as they seek to become investor ready and take their companies to the next level.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
- Stage: Post-MVP/Proof of Concept
- Revenue less than $500K
- Capital Raised: $0 to less than $2M
- Industries include (but not limited to):
- Education Technology
- Smart Cities / Sustainability
- Cyber Security
- Food Tech / AgriTech
- Real Estate / PropTech
- Complete application form, which includes uploading:
- Pitch deck
- Personal, two minute introduction video (No pressure on production value, you can use your phone!)
- Dedication and commitment to accelerator program timeline
- Get your startup INVESTOR READY and meet a dynamic network of mentors.
- 10 WEEKS of focused, rigorous curriculum designed to help founders position their startup, and ensure they are ready for investment opportunities.
- Exclusive access to subject matter experts, individual mentors dedicated to your growth, and 1776 leadership staff that will guide each company through the nuances that must be addressed to succeed in a competitive marketplace.
- To those that successfully complete the program, there is an additional 6 months of free membership with 1776 to ensure we continue the engagement through your entrepreneurial journey.
- September 1st — Open applications & launch startup recruitment
- September 18th — Close applications
- September 21st – 25th — Selection process
- September 28th — Participants notified
- October 7th — Accelerator starts
- Required attendance for weekly virtual programs on Wednesdays from 12:30 pm – 1:30 pm
- Thursdays are scheduled for mentor meetings based on availability
- December 11th — Accelerator Demo Day
- December 18th – Accelerator Program closes
1776 Fall Accelerator FAQ
A: Not from the accelerator; however, you will develop strategies and tactics for pitching to investors. The program also includes a demo day where teams will pitch to investors.
A: We are happy to work with more established startups. In fact, you are required to have a product or at least an MVP that’s ready to market and iterate on.
A: No. This accelerator will be run virtually. You can apply from anywhere as long as you commit to the requirements & guidelines.
A: No, the current legal status of your startup does not matter to us.
A: There is no cost associated with the 1776 Accelerator. Accepted companies will have virtual membership access during the length of the accelerator program.
A: Virtually! With Zoom meetings, every Wednesday at 12:30pm EST
A: Teams of two or more are more likely to succeed, and that’s what we recommend for startups.
A: We encourage you to consider the accelerator’s time commitment prior to applying. You’ll get out what you put in. If you are unable to attend a required session, a team member can attend in your place.
Still have questions? No problem.
Contact Jessica Kaing at email@example.com