1776 Podcast: Emerging Entrepreneurship in Latin America
Welcome back to the 1776 podcast. Every episode highlights the thinking behind 1776 — whether in the context of edtech investing, regulatory hacking, health innovation, or emerging startup ecosystems around the world. In fact, the latest episode actually takes a trip to Mexico City, Mexico.
During the recent Challenge Cup Regional Mexico City event, 1776’s associate editor Clare Bennett had the opportunity to learn about the latest in Latin American innovation from experts working to lead the growing startup scenes in Lima, Guayaquil, and Mexico City.
Many thanks to the 1776 podcast guests:
- Guillermo Garza, Cofounder and COO of Startup Mexico
- Mario Romero, Director of Business Development and the Foundation of Startup Mexico
- Gonzalo Villaran, Director of UTEC Ventures
- Guido Caicedo, Director of CEEMP Entrepreneurship Center, ESPOL
Let’s talk innovation in Latin America!
You can also download the episode on 1776’s Soundcloud.
Relevant reading list:
- Innovation in Latin America
- 100,000 Miles to Find, Fund, & Grow the Best Startups
- Meet the Challenge Cup Regional Mexico City Competitors
- Five Latin America and South America Startups Chosen to Advance to Global Finals in the 1776 Challenge Cup Competition
- Startup Latin America 2016: Building an Innovative Future